As someone who runs an accountancy practice, you know the value of your clients’ personal and financial information. You have the responsibility to keep it safe from cybercriminals who use sophisticated methods to access it. Unfortunately, accountancy practices are a prime target for these cybercriminals. A single cyber-attack can cause significant financial and reputational damage to your business. The importance of Cyber Security in an Accountancy Practice:
- Since 2020 the threat of a cyber-attack has risen by 450%.
- The average time to retrieve data being 73 days.
- The costs to recover from an attack can often be in the hundreds of thousands of pounds. (Data put together by the Department for Culture, Media, and Sport last year shows that data breaches with material outcomes (where sensitive data, information or money was lost) cost medium and large businesses around £19,400 – up from £13,400 the year previous).
The financial implications of a data breach are severe, but the reputational damage is equally harmful. Losing the trust of your clients and the community can be challenging to recover from. Hence, Cyber Security should be a top priority for any accountancy practice.
- A Harris Poll survey commissioned by IBM found that 75% of consumers refuse to buy products from companies they “don’t trust… to protect their data.”
- Cost of a Data Breach Report 2022, loss of further business after a data breach cost companies an average £1.14 million.
How does Managed IT and Cyber Security help?
Choosing a Managed IT provider allows you to outsource your IT needs to a third-party provider who specialises in Cyber Security. This includes services such as network security, Pen testing, antivirus software, data backup and recovery, and 24/7 monitoring – all working towards the end goal of making you cyber safe and avoiding all the negatives associated with a breach or malicious attack.
- One of the most significant benefits of Managed IT services is proactive Cyber Security. With 24/7 monitoring, potential cyber threats are identified and addressed before they can cause damage. This ensures that your business is always protected, and your sensitive data is secure. Proactive Cyber Security measures are critical in today’s digital age, where cyber threats are continually evolving.
- Another benefit of Managed IT services is enhanced data protection. Data backup and recovery services ensure that your data is secure, even in the event of a cyber-attack or natural disaster. Losing your data can be catastrophic for your accountancy practice, and data backup and recovery services provide the peace of mind that your data is always secure.
- Finally, outsourcing your IT needs to a third-party provider can be more cost-effective than hiring full-time IT staff. This allows you to save on the costs of hiring, training, and retaining employees while still receiving high-quality IT services.
Your IT support and Cyber Assurance experts
Managed IT service providers such as ourselves often specialise in Cyber Security in the modern day, as these threats continue to increase in many industries, including accountancy. A specialist provider can understand the unique challenges that accountancy firms face in protecting their data and have developed technology to meet those needs. Examples of how a Managed IT service provider could assist you would be:
- A comprehensive range of services to keep your business secure. Offering network security, data backup and recovery, and 24/7 monitoring to ensure that your accountancy firm is protected from cyber threats.
- Networking security services including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and security audits. We work closely with you to identify potential vulnerabilities in your system and create a customised security plan that meets your specific needs.
- Data backup and recovery services are essential in the event of a cyber-attack or natural disaster. Managed IT service providers can ensure that your data is secure and that it can be quickly restored in the event of data loss.
- 24/7 monitoring services provides around-the-clock protection for your accountancy practice. Managed IT service provider experts will monitor your network for potential threats, identifies vulnerabilities, and responds to any Cyber Security incidents quickly.
This will keep your accountancy firm protected from the latest Cyber Security threats, providing peace of mind to you and your clients.
At Nybble, we believe that every accountancy practice is unique and needs to be protected, and as a result offer all of the services listed above. We work closely with you to understand your specific needs and provide customised Cyber Security solutions that meet those needs. Our team of experts have years of experience in providing IT support and cybersecurity services to accountancy practices.
Allow Nybble to take your IT infrastructure within your accountancy practice to the next level – contact us today by calling 0330 002 0886, or email email@example.com